This is an exciting opportunity to work for SWS Engineering S.p.A., engineering firm with 17 offices around the world. SWS is the designer of the longest rail tunnel in the world and is ranked in ENR 225 Top 225 International Design Firms. Having 40 years of experience, in the last two years we have doubled our revenues.
We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are looking for like-minded people to join our team.
SWS is looking for a Geotechnical Design Engineer to join our team in Göteborg, Sweden.
We are looking for a design engineer enthusiastic and strongly motivated, open to innovation. Experiences gathered within complex infrastructural projects involving tunnels and underground structures such as railways, highways and subways will be appreciated.
The candidate will take care of the follow-up of the construction on site. Design and construction of D-walls, piles, sheet piles, ground improvements and others. Excavations in clay and rock.
Essential candidate requirements:
- Master’s degree in Civil Geotechnical engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant geotechnical engineering experience and have experience in at least two civil engineering projects involving excavation work in the soil within support structures (wells of at least 5m deep).
- Proficient English language knowledge oral and written.
- Slide and/or Plaxis and/or Deep excavation good knowledge.
- Production and delivery of compliant geotechnical/tunnel design.
- Quality control check for delivery of compliant, professionally produced deliverables within customer defined timeframes and requirements.
- Proactivity in proposing innovation concerning document template and technical standards in line with company branding and technical manager directives.
- Strong time management/prioritization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Second language knowledge (Swedish) will be considered as a plus.
The application process: Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you will need to upload your CV/resume.