Category: Structural Engineering
Location: Trento, Italy
Date: 25 November, 2020
SWS is looking for Structural Engineers to be assigned on various transport infrastructure’s projects, both for Italian and foreign offices.
We are looking for professionals with various levels of experience in the field of geotechnical design with particular reference to underground works (tunnels, stations, ventilation shaft, etc.).
The engineers will be assigned to specific contracts and they will work in a team. Depending on their experience, they will have different levels of autonomy dealing with design issues. In case of junior engineers, it will be identified as a reference’s figure who will take care of the skills-building and the integration into the company.
The project teams will work in organized mode, operating on the basis of an activity plan defined by SWS in agreement with the various clients. The allocation of resources to the various projects is handled by the technical management.
The Structural Engineers will operate mainly to Trento but, in spite of the place of assignment, national or international travels and in construction sites or partner/client’s offices may be required.
- Design and analysis for various structures.
- Development of solutions to the challenges presented by the client within the limits of budget, planning and project.
- Issue reports, schedules, estimates of probable costs.
- Daily supervision of junior engineers and technicians.
- Participation in meetings with clients, other professionals and organizations.
- Maintain good, clear and proactive communication with all relevant members of the design team.
- Demonstrate and share expert structural engineering knowledge freely and helpfully to engender a supportive, friendly, and working environment for all.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Master’s Degree in Civil Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of engineering design.
- Experience with layout & design of bridges and related highway structures.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills (at least B2 level).
- High level of computer literacy with familiarity and experience of using FE software such as Strand7, Autodesk Robot.
- Familiarity with design and analysis using various materials such as steel, concrete, precast concrete, prestressed and post-tensioned concrete, composite steel and concrete structures.
The application process: read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you will need to upload your CV/resume.