Location: Haga (Göteborg), Sweden
Date: July 8, 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to work for SWS Engineering S.p.A., an engineering firm with 18 offices around the world. SWS is the designer of the longest rail tunnel in the world. With 40 years of experience, in the last two years we have doubled our revenues. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
We are looking for a Tunnel Technical Manager to join our young and dynamic team in Haga (Göteborg) in Sweden. As part of one of the most relevant Project developed by SWS in Europe, the selected candidate will play a fundamental role in guiding the Rock Tunnels design, including a detailed review of the proposed technical solution and proposal of potential optimizations.
In particular the selected candidate should be capable to:
- Collaborate in effective way with the Tunnel Construction Manager.
- Handle and review the technical documentation concerning the Rock Tunnels and, in general, all the other excavations to be carry out in rock.
- Evaluate and analyze possible technical risks for the project.
- Investigate for potential value engineering solutions.
- Actively participate to the meetings with Client and with other stakeholders involved in the project.
- Provide all other Engineering & Design support tasks.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Master’s degree in engineering, preferably specialized in Rock Mechanics and/or Geotechnics.
- Proficiency in Autodesk (Autocad) or similar drawing production software.
- Proficiency in using Geotechnical software’s (Plaxis 2D, Rocscience packages, etc.).
- Providing all other Engineering & Design support tasks including but not limited to processing shop drawing, comments, and computer-aided drafting & design.
- High level communication and reporting skill. Attitude of initiative, enthusiasm, desire to learn.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English; any other language will be a plus.
- The experience of at least two years, gathered in the underground transport project, will be appreciated.
The application process: read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you will need to upload your CV/resume.